Thursday, December 2, 2010

Look Who's Talking

I really hope today wasn't a fluke, and there are many more days like this to come...

Today, after breakfast Adelyn, while she was still in her highchair, she told me she had to got potty. She waved her hands and grunted, and said "Mama, mmmrrrr....chou chou." (stinky in chinese). I looked at her and said, "pooh pooh, chou chow?" And she nodded. I took her out, and put her on the big potty, and sure enough she did her business.

It was a low key day to get laundry done, dust, and catch up on household chores, so Adelyn played in the living room. I was pretty busy caught up in chores, and when I had a moment, I would play with Adelyn for a little.

Two o'clock rolled around, and Adelyn was on the rug, playing with some toys, and I was folding some clothes. Adelyn looks up at me, and said, "Up, up, up" and pointed upstairs. I looked at her, and then she said, "gow gow" (sleep in chinese). Did she just tell me she wanted to take a nap? So, I asked her if she wanted milk, and she nodded yes. I made her a sippy cup, and took her upstairs.

She was asleep in less than 10 minutes! Was this a miracle? It happened to my mom once, when she was baby sitting, but I didn't think it would happen to me! Wow, Adelyn, today you amazed me. Thanks for being so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment