Little Miss Independence has entered our home, and hopefully, she won't be staying too long. Or will she? Layla is in a stage where she likes to do everything herself. If we help her, she gets upset and she screams, "No! I do it! I do it! Layla do it!"
Lately, interaction with Layla has been very fun. She can understand a lot of things, and the things she says can be quite witty.
One thing that Layla likes to do is joke around. She will purposely call Len, and I different names and laugh, and in turn we will call her someone else, and she will laugh and say, "No, I'm Layla!"
One time, I was changing her diaper after she had gone poo-poo. I told her diaper was stinky, and she said "No, smells good!" Then she laughed, and ran away. I'm positive, it did not smell good.
Last week, Layla wore some plastic rings as bracelets. She said, "Mommy, like my bracelets." Then she holds up the yellow one, and says, "What colour is dis?" I told her green. She knows her colours, so I was waiting for her to correct me. So, she turned around and said, "Noooo, it's blue!"
Recently, I asked Layla if she would like to take an airplane ride to Winnipeg. She said "No, mommy." I said, "Why not?" And Layla said, "It's scary, ho gow (meaning it's 'too high' in chinese)." I've asked her a few times after that, and each time she gives me the same answer. Her first plane ride is coming up, so it will be interesting.
Just as I finished my post about Adelyn, I jinxed myself. Layla won't go down for her afternoon naps without a fight. She will go to bed, but ends up singing, playing, or using tactics to get out of bed. This includes taking off her clothes and diaper, and yelling that she needs to go to the bathroom. In the end, she usually doesn't nap, and she can last until 9:30 pm. Is this the end of the afternoon nap? Nooooo!!!!
Layla loves to play, who doesn't?!? Its so fun watching her play, she loves pretending with her toys. From going grocery shopping, to making meals, putting her dolls to sleep, consoling a crying baby, to even breast feeding, which is funny since I haven't been breastfeeding for the last couple of months. Her imaginations is endless.
We love you!

CUTE! I can't wait to see the girls!
ReplyDelete