There were also some firsts...
It was Layla's first time to enjoy the beach in sunny warm weather. But she didn't. She did not like the fact that she had to take off her shoes, and claimed the sand was too hot. She did not like the feeling of the sand. She complained and Len had to bring her back up from the sand. (She loves playing in the sand box, but I guess this was not the same.)
It was Adelyn's first time on the swings, and she LOVED it! I was a little worried in the beginning because she refused to hold on with her hands. She leaned forward in the seat, and I didn't push her too high. She squealed and was ready for more!
I love days like this! I hope this is the beginning of many family days as we approach summer.

Wow, Adelyn is growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteAly doesn't like sand either unless it's wet. I think she doesn't like the texture on her feet and unless the sand is very fine, it hurts a bit.