Monday, April 19, 2010

Mother-Daughter Bonding

Over the weekend, I was fortunate that Grandma Lam could babysit Adelyn, while Layla and I could enjoy some bonding time together.


In the morning, we went to Granville Island for a friend's birthday lunch at the Sandbar. Layla was very well behaved and very social, and I got to enjoy a relaxing meal. While we were there, Layla spotted the Aquabus from the window. I asked her if she would like to ride it, and she said, "sure!" I promised I would take her out for a ride after lunch.

I was a little worried that the boat ride would be rocky because the clouds were out, and it was drizzling on and off all day, but it turned out to be a very pleasant ride. It was very short, just across the water, so the captain said we could stay on for another ride. We were very lucky. Layla loved the boat ride, and she wasn't scared at all.


We saw starfishes clinging to the dock after we got off the Aquabus. Layla was excited and fascinated by them. There were so many!





We walked around the market, and enjoyed some music outside. Layla had fun watching the birds and kids. We also got to see some of the cute concrete mixers at the Ocean Open House. Layla was happy to leave with a balloon, and some colouring sheets. We ended the day with a little sample from Roger's Chocolates.





We left Granville Island with happy hearts and warm memories. My little girl is growing up so fast! I look forward to our next mother-daughter day together.


No comments:

Post a Comment