Layla can be very create. She likes to bake muffins, go fishing, build forts and castles, pretend she's swimming, and pretend she's at the beach. When she plays "at the beach", she will lay out blankets, serve food, and build sand castles with blocks.
Another fun thing Layla likes to do, is go skating. She has never gone skating before, so I'm sure it's something she saw on television. She will put on mitts on her feet and slide around on the hardwood floor. We'll have to take her skating this winter.
Layla is potty trained. She is diaper free, but she does wake up at 2:00 am or 6:00 am to go potty. On occasion, Layla may have an accident, but she can go for days with out. She also has a system that she must follow when she goes potty too, she must close the lid and flush. And if it doesn't happen in that order, she will get very upset.
At our house, Layla invented the squishy kiss. She will squeeze our lips before kissing them. So, get ready to get yours when you see her.
Layla can be very stubborn. One time, we were in the car with Layla, and she insisted on listening to a certain song on her favourite CD. I was driving, and I couldn't find the song, so I told her that she could listen to other songs. Layla cried the whole way to my mom's house demanding that song. And on the car ride back, she remembered the incident, and didn't want any music on at all.
Did I say Layla likes attention? When we were at the airport, she started belting out Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star at the top of her lungs. And when she was done, she got everyone to clap.
Layla is such a playful girl, she really reminds us that being a kid is fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment