Layla is a happy toddler with lots of imagination. I love watching her play and explore. She loves to pretend with her toys. She likes to cook with her kitchen, plastic food toys, and containers that she steals from the kitchen when I'm not looking. She likes to play baby with her Care Bear, bathing, diaper changes, and putting her on the potty.
Layla grasped language when she was really young, I didn't have to teach her sign language since she just told me what she wanted. I love listening to her voice, she's very good at singing, talking to herself, voicing her opinions, and bossing me around. She loves reading too, right now her favourite books are Little Pea and I'm a Big Sister.
Layla has also been going to Mother Goose with both her grandmas. Mother Goose is an hour and a half of singing songs, rhymes, and stories with other moms and babies. She did this with me last year, and she had so much fun. This time it's in Chinese and English, it's great that she will be exposed to Mandarin, Cantonese, and English songs and rhymes. I hope she can teach me some of the songs too.
My second little Lam is Adelyn, she's now two months old.
Adelyn looks different from Layla. She has a lot more hair and it has a bit of a curl to it, so it stands up high, especially after a bath. She's also a lot bigger than Layla too, she's already in 6 months sleepers. If this keeps up, she'll be bigger than Layla in no time.
Adelyn is still working on sleeping through the night. There are days where she feeds, and goes back to sleep right away. And then there have been times where she has woken up at 3am, and won't sleep until 5am. Hopefully, this phase will pass quickly.
Adelyn has developed pretty strong neck muscles and eye coordination. She loves being social. She will smile and coo back at you if you talk to her. Sometimes when I put Adelyn back in her crib at 4:30 she'll still be cooing to herself until she falls asleep.
My days with the two girls are busy, but I love every single moment with them.

Welcome to mommy blogginghood! I would love to see more photos of the little Lams and in the future, you can look back on it and see how much they've grown. Can't wait to read more =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great start to your baby blog. I definitely like reading everyone's blogs to catch up while we're away.
ReplyDeletewelcome to blogging! the girls are growing up so quick, blogging helps to remember what happened when.
ReplyDeleteTHis is great, Amy!!!! A nice start! What a fantastic way to keep everybody up to date with what is going on with you all!!!!! Keep updating it when you can!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete