Being a big girl, means going to school all by yourself. Layla has been looking forward to this day for a long time. On the car ride there, she asked me to drop her off, and she could go in all by herself. How would she know where to go? I told her I wanted to meet her teacher, and see her classroom before leaving.
When she got in, she hung her bag and her jacket, and went to the toys. Going to Strong Start and Mother Goose paid off.
I wanted to make sure she was settled in, she played dress up and then the teacher called the class over for circle time. Being the last mommy to leave, and Layla looking over, and asking, "Mommy, are you leaving yet?" I knew it was my cue to leave. No separation anxiety here, just for Mommy.
Layla sharing her snack after preschool.

No comments:
Post a Comment